The Shire was a student run, student owned coffee shop, entertainment venue not on the Mt. Carroll campus but located in Mt. Carroll proper.
It was a sucessor to The Golden Shovel also off campus which in turn was a sucessor to the original Orange Horse , thought to have been founded in 1963 by Rick Pottinger 1965 and held in the Hathaway basement on whatever stage Green Curtain had up at the moment.
Tapes of a a performance at the Shire, on May 6 , 1967 have been found and links have been posted below. Pete Steinau 1972 may have been the first manager, Patrick Murfin 1971 may have been the last manager.
- https://www.onlinefilefolder.com/1s7lo7E5FSphPN to Joseph E] .]
- https://www.onlinefilefolder.com/1sCS5Hdlwj7KLS Comeback Baby]
- https://www.onlinefilefolder.com/1slMz4XO1tohFU Unknown]
- Once Again
- https://www.onlinefilefolder.com/1sdYhg1hBpRmbh dialogue on a broken string]
- Mobile Line
- https://www.onlinefilefolder.com/1s6x8a2B8UH5d0 Thalidamide Hall ]