This is a list of Shimerians, primarily alumni, who are or have been legal scholars, law professors, or judges in the United States. It is currently incomplete; please add to it.
- Durand Adams, circuit court judge in Manatee County, Florida
- Peter Arnold, '69, judge in Wyoming First District Court
- Carol Bruch, law professor emeritus at UC Davis and authority on family law and marital property
- Randolph Jackson, judge, New York Supreme Court (Brooklyn), ret.
- Robert Mandel, judge, 7th Circuit of South Dakota
- Charles Plantz, judge, Nebraska District 12, ret.
- Peter Schroth, legal scholar and translator
- Glenn Schwartz, professor at John Marshall Law School
- Christina Spiesel, law professor and Senior Research Scholar at Yale Law School, specializing in visual imagery and the law