- on February 7, the Illinois Board of Higher Education awards Shimer a capital grant for $275,000.
- on February 16, the Board of Trustees announces that Shimer's 14th president will be Susan Henking.
- on February 24, Jon Cotner speaks about and performs his work Ten Walks / Two Talks at the McCloska Auditorium.
- on February 26, the Assembly meets in Cinderella Lounge.
- on March 9, Daniel Sandin speaks at the McCloska Auditorium about the Electronic Visualization Lab at UIC.
- on April 12, the Shimer College theater program gives its first performance of the spring season.
- on May 5, the spring commencement ceremony of Shimer College was held in Hermann Hall on the IIT campus. (Audio & program)
- ↑ "Capital Grant Will Help Spruce Up Shimer". alumni.shimer.edu. http://alumni.shimer.edu/s/1028/index.aspx?sid=1028&gid=1&pgid=252&cid=1491&ecid=1491&crid=0&calpgid=61&calcid=772.
- ↑ "Dr. Susan Henking named 14th president of Shimer College". shimer.edu. http://www.shimer.edu/presidentelect/.