- On April 3 and April 4, the examinations were held for the second term.
- On April 4, the second term ended.
- On April 4, the Board of Trustees issued several resolutions, including:
- Resolved, that we have been highly gratified during the examination of the classes of the Mount Carroll Seminary by the abundant evidence afforded of the progress made by the pupils in their respective studies and of the ample ability of the teachers to instruct and govern the School.
- On April 6, the Republican ran the reports to the right.
- In October 1854, the Seminary was formally organized under the original Board of Incorporators.
- On October 24, the first classes were held in the new Seminary Building 1